Primero’s Solution Accelerator provides unmatched time-to-market & budget savings.
Our ability to deliver customized functionality in record time and proven quality is rooted in our proprietary software baseline called Primero’s Solution Accelerator (PSX™).
PSX™ leap-frogs your project to completion by providing all of the required fundamental elements needed on day 1. That’s right, day 1! You are able to immediately deploy User Management, Security, Roles and Permissions, Reporting, and much more.
And since every enterprise-grade software solution requires these foundational elements, having them completed and fully tested allows us to focus exclusively on delivering your unique requirements while providing significant savings to your project budget.
PSX™ instantly provides the following key elements:
- Optimized for the cloud from day one. Our solution embodies a multi-service architecture to ensure that each functional component employs the most appropriate cloud-based technology solution.
- Cross Platform. You can confidently deploy your application with equal performance on Linux or Windows servers. Of course, you are welcome to have Primero Systems fully manage the software using our dedicated Amazon Web Services data center servers.
- Open Source technologies. We have selected only the top-of-the-line applications to best serve the critical need for your system throughput, reliability, data security and data visualizations.
- Extensible and scalable service-oriented architecture. Beyond selecting the best-in-class technologies, our architecture was built to massively scale on demand as you need it to. Also, because of our multi-services architecture, adding new features and functions is foundationally designed to be simple and straight-forward.
- Automated QA process. PSX™ is complete with a full range of automated regression test routines to ensure that any new feature or function works seamlessly with existing functionality.
- Demonstrable application foundation. Our PSX™ product is not just a goal, it is reality. We would be proud to provide you with a demo of the fully functioning application.
When you start a new project with us, it starts from the latest version of PSX™. This means that our baseline is not a static piece of software that will become obsolete. We are continuously investing in the platform, so every customer will always receive the latest proven rendition. Also, because PSX™ is built upon our multi-service architecture, subsequent updates can be easily incorporated into deployed systems.
Here are the specific functional modules that your custom software project is built upon using PSX™:
- Authentication and Authorization. It’s vital to know who or what is accessing your system (authentication) and what actions are they authorized to do (authorization). In other words, only if you know the “secret handshake” are you invited to the party! Whether it’s a user logging on with a username & password, or an integrated system sharing or requesting resources, we make sure that person or process is truly who they’re represented to be. All our authentication processes are fully secure using state-of-the-art encryption technologies.
- User Management. Virtually every enterprise software system has users. Those users are typically employees, contractors, vendors and other folks affiliated with your company. If there’s anything constant about your system’s users, it’s that there’s nothing constant. Your user base will always be in a state of flux. Every system we build has a robust user management system allowing you to add users, change existing user details, suspend users, and even remove their access permanently. User profiles can be tailored instantly to match the needs of your ever-changing user base.
- Roles & Permissions. Along with users, comes the need to control their access to the system. This is where we shine. Our systems give you complete control over determining who has access, and what permission they are granted with that access (i.e. view, add, modify and/or delete). Every bit of functionality in our systems can be made available to any group or groups of users as you deem best. We don’t force you into pre-determined sets of access privileges. Instead we give you the complete freedom to design your access privileges to match your business requirements. This ensures that the right people in your organization have access to the right information at the right time.
- Emailing engine. An oft-overlooked foundational element of any software system is the ability to effectively communicate with its users via email. Sometimes it’s necessary to convey instructional information such as new user registration/confirmations, forgotten password instructions, etc. Other times, email notifications are sent to let you know that a report is ready to view, or a new key metric has been achieved, or any number of custom scenarios. You benefit knowing that you have a built-in, emailing system keeping you and your users informed to key events.
- Reporting engine. An old saying in the world of system design is that “a system is defined by its output.” In fact, today more than ever, your system’s data is becoming increasingly more valuable. However, if you are not gaining powerful insights from your captured data, you are not maximizing your investment return. Not only do all our systems offer reports tailored to your exact needs, but we’ve made getting those reports as easy on you as possible. Long-running report queries can be kicked-off and run in the background while you continue to be productive. The system will notify you when the report is ready to view. Or maybe you wish to have certain reports available to you on a pre-determined schedule. We’ll run them in the timeframes you desire and send you the output or notify you of their completion (or both!). Our systems report to you on your schedule, not the other way around.
- Audit trails. When data in your system has been added, deleted or modified, you can be exposed to some potentially libelous situations if you don’t know how that change came about. Who did it? When was it done? Without these answers, you certainly can’t determine why. Every system we build automatically records and permanently retains user and system-initiated data changes. Quite frankly, you (and potentially your legal team) need to know who modified what data, when, and exactly what changed. To fully understand the implications of that change, you need to know the old value and the new value, and, be able to recreate the complete history of those changes. Of course, given the rate of data transformation, it is a very complex engineering feat and if not implemented correctly can severely impact system performance. Rest assured though, we’ve tackled this difficult challenge head-on and our solution provides you the audit trail insight that you need without any perceptible impact on system throughput.
- Visualization engine. We all love our data and the valuable insights that it can provide. However, when is too much of a good thing, simply too much? As far as data goes, it’s too much when you have lost the ability to consume it in any meaningful way. Where a report filled with rows and columns of numbers may be hard to comprehend, it’s often helpful to visualize your data in a graphical format. As they say, “a picture is worth a thousand words”. Let us show you how our systems turn Big Data into Big Insights through stunning and effective visualizations, and how those in turn can give you the competitive advantage you’re looking for.
- Unique Dashboards. When you log in to PSX, you will immediately be presented with information critical for your daily tasks. Whether it be a snapshot of open tasks, reminders of unfinished work, status of pending or open purchase orders, or quite frankly, whatever is appropriate for your authorized users to view, it will be presented prominently upon login.
- OWASP Compliant. “Every vibrant technology marketplace needs an unbiased source of information on best practices as well as an active body advocating open standards. In the Application Security space, one of those groups is the Open Web Application Security Project (or OWASP for short).” (www.owasp.org)
An enterprise application is a security time-bomb if it isn’t protected. We don’t just apply our own rigorous security best practices, but we also live up to the standards as established by OWASP. Their standards are the result of the collective wisdom of the best minds in software-security worldwide. In every regard, we meet or exceed OWASP standards covering subjects including:
- Application architecture
- Hosting infrastructure
- Security requirements
- Threat assessments
- Coding standards
- And much, much more. It’s a high bar to hurdle, but from our perspective, it is a must. In a world where data breaches and application intrusions are virtually daily news, you can rest assured that our systems adhere to a global set of standards designed specifically for your protection.
As you well know, your funding request for custom functionality would be significantly higher if you were to factor in these necessary components.
With PSX™, that is not required. Your functionality is built on top of this remarkably robust engine thus saving you development expense, and possibly more importantly, getting your product on-line or to market in the shortest possible timeframe.
Save your company time and money and give yourself the peace-of-mind that comes from working with a company that has over two-decades of custom software consultancy and development experience. Before you begin your next custom software project, think PSX™.